Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good News Anyone?

I don't know about you, but amid all the natural disasters, economic craziness, political division due to this exhausting election, and serious illness or tragedy afflicting several families within my circle of the world that are tearing at my heart, I could really use some good news! So - this is a call out to my readers - will you please share your good news with me? If you are an infrequent commenter or lurker, this post is for you, too. Maybe I could actually get more than 10 comments - that would be really cool & would be "good news" in and of itself. No good news is too insignificant to share, so - share away!

I will start . . .


Here I am bright and early last Saturday morning at Redrock with some of my team mates for the 3-day Walk for Breast Cancer. Our little team walked the 13-mile Redrock loop plus 2.2 miles uphill to our car for a total of 15.2 miles - my longest walk yet (and I had just walked 10 miles the day before)! Not only did I feel invigorated and strong by completing this long-distance walk, but I also was simply glad to be alive. I honestly feared for my life on the downhill portion of the walk as hoards of bicyclists zoomed past us going close to 40 mph. It really was scary! So, I'm alive, my training is going great, and I have been very touched by your generous donations. I have already received $800 in donations for breast cancer, and the bulk of that comes from my fabulous blog readers! You are the best! And if you haven't had a chance to donate yet - don't worry- there's still time! Just click on the pink icon at the top right of my blog.

A few more tidbits of good news for you - My mom is doing awesome; Jill updated her blog; Stephanie and her family are coming for a quick visit this weekend; friend Judy put a link on her blog to my 3-day donation page; Madi is the new student body VP at her school; and finally, temperatures in the desert are only in the 90's these days - perhaps we get to say goodbye to triple digits for a while. Yes - life is good despite never-ending turmoil. I needed to remind myself of that - so please tell me - what's your good news??

18 comments:

Amy Brindley said...

Mason finally pooped on the potty! Our potty training days are winding down. How's that for good news?

averett's said...

Well for starters I am getting tons of tomatoes out of my garden! I canned pears this weekend, and got some salsa done as well. Nate and Anya are flying back tonight with baby Nico and are going to live in Utah now! Yeah! Hope this helps!

LaRae said...

Yea for Mason - that is awesome news! Heather - I am so excited about your tomatoes. I think home grown tomatoes are about the most perfect of any food and that is so exciting that Nate & Anya & baby Nico are moving to Utah! How exciting for your family! Thanks for the good news!!

Katie said...

Ryan had his first day of preschool today and I think he really liked it, which means I had 2 whole hours to just wrangle one baby! I also cleaned all the bathrooms, which is pretty good news, especially for J. And my friend had her baby today. Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of this post, and I love the picture of you with your team. You've still got great legs.
Good news - I've got a great batch of students this year; my friend Kara got a great haircut - and I mean great; my son is doing well in school; my cold didn't last as long as it usually does; Roger won the US Open...

Shannon said...

I have finally reached a point in my life when my kids are ALL gone to school! I have a few hours to myself to enjoy the peace & quiet. Amid the lonliness, I am able to organize all my spaces & places in my house that have been neglected. I'm excited to go to institute & the temple each week! Not to mention fun lunches with friends! Life is good!! (Now if I could just get motivated to excercise like you!)

Steph Brackett said...

I got a new vacuum! And my carpet has never looked better. Plus my house is spick and span SPOTLESS and it smells like a Gold Canyon Pumkin Pie candle (it is just about fall here - I am trying to rush it in a little early)! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

well..... I do have some very very very
Good news!!! One I got a good grade on my test and second..... Drumroll please!!!! David archuletas new music video just came out and I am screaming and jumping dot joy!!!! And everyone will you please bug my mom to put up my American Idol blog post? She needs to do it because she has put it off for a LONG time! Peace, love, David archuleta.
- Madi

Anonymous said...

sorry I meant for joy. I am typing on my moms iPhone...

Janae said...

Great post and picture...I am working on the news for ya...maybe tomorrow:)

Jill Iroz said...

Clark had his 12 week post surgery follow up and he is "ridiculously healed" and will be skiing this winter.

Janet Patrice said...

A friend called me and said, "I'm coming to get you now and I am taking you to Red Lobster for all you can eat shrimp..." and she paid! YEA - if that isn't good news, I don't know what is.

And, I have not had any chest pain today - really good news!

Melanie said...

I going with my husband on a trip--just the two of us. Yeah! Also, today is Constitution Day and we are blessed to live in this great country.

LaRae said...

I2 of you have commented! Hooray Hooray! It is a great day! I am still holding out for some more good news. Anyone?

Ryan in preschool? How exciting Katie! and Shannon without any kids during the day - wow?! Judy - you d know that I am the short one in the middle and not the long-legged beauty on the far left, right?

and new vacuums, lack of chest pain, David Archuleta videos, Clark's healed leg & Constitution Day - so glad to know that there is a lot to celebrate in the world today!

Thanks to all who have commented and I'm looking forward to a few more "good news" comments!

Marianne said...

My good news is i am going to try making Carmel apples tonight! Yum!

Micalanne said...

LaRae ~ I love this post idea and reading about other people's good news.

My good news is that I was able to update my blog with a simple post, catch up reading other people's blogs, and I found a GREAT new bread recipe that my family loves!

Linda said...

LaRae-See my blog post tonight (9-18) for my good news!

Anonymous said...

LaRae, for sure I know you're the short one and for sure I remember you having great legs :-)

... and I'm on Madi's side - please post her A.I. post.