Thursday, June 11, 2009

One week down - eleven weeks to go!

The girls survived their first week of summer, but it was not without grief and way too many declarations of boredom. I never knew my kids were so well entertained at school. Obviously their teachers have spoiled them rotten by entertaining them all day long. Why else would they come home and proclaim "I'm bored" about every 30 minutes? They will adjust to the boredom, I'm sure. If not, I am certainly willing to help by offering an endless list of cleaning and organization projects.

Despite the moments of boredom, there were some high points:

Lacey was able to entertain herself for hours over the course of 2 days by creating and playing with this little penguin family. She made them almost entirely on her own. Madi helped design the mom's attire and I helped make the baby, but that was all the help she wanted.




Madi and Ben played some game against each other on the DS's. I am sure Madi won because Ben is not overly skilled on the DS yet.


Lacey and Katie were briefly entertained watching the DS duel.


There was also way too much TV watching this week, including some TV watching on mom & dad's bed late into one evening where all 3 girls fell asleep - dreaming, I'm sure, of more exciting days when they got to be at school and their teachers entertained them for hours upon end :)

1 comment:

Janae said...

sleeping sisters...gotta love that!